Literally every ingredient in this recipe is something I love. Being a lover of soup, all things asian, and especially lemongrass….this one hits home!
Coconut Curry With Chicken and Veggies
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece of peeled ginger, minced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 red bell peppers, sliced (I thought 3 was too much, so go with your preference)
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms (couldnt find cremini so I used baby bellas instead)
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, peeled and diced – CLICK HERE to learn how to chop lemongrass
- 1 large or 2 small heads of bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk (I used LIGHT coconut milk, bc the regular has crazy calories)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno, seeded and membranes (inside stuff) removed
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving (I prefer the rice from frozen food isle to keep it easy)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned, them remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, lemongrass, and bok choy and cook over medium-high heat until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and curry paste, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, and jalapeno, and then season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, until the liquid has slightly reduced. Taste for seasoning.
- To serve, ladle the curry over jasmine rice, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.