No one will know these pretty cookies were made with store-bought sugar cookie dough! Roll the dough out to about 1/4″ thickness and give them plenty of space to rise and spread out. Consider using multiple baking sheets to avoid overcrowding. You can make them as large or small as you wish. Mine were around 3-4″ tall.
Candy Corn Cookies Recipe
- One package sugar cookie dough
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Chocolate melting chips
- White chocolate melting chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the sugar cookie dough in a large bowl and color with red and yellow food coloring to make it a bright orange color. Mix well with clean hands.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a floured surface. Roll out the dough and knead in extra flour. Using a dough scraper or triangle shaped cookie cutter, cut out triangles. Bake according to package directions.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack after baking.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Prepare a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip the large end of the triangle in the chocolate, and small end in the white chocolate. Chill cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes.