Serve this alongside any protein to add some zip!! If you can’t find Hatch chiles, you can easily use 1 cup canned mild green chiles. One time I made this sauce and I didn’t remove the seeds from the Hatch chiles and it was WAY too hot. That’s why I recommend removing all seeds. If you really like heat and think you can handle it, feel free to leave some seeds in the mix.
Pepper Chimichurri Recipe
- ½ cup packed cilantro, washed and stems removed
- ½ cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley, washed and stems removed
- 2 medium size Hatch Chilies – roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are chopped and well combined. Do not over process or the herbs may turn black!
- Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve at room temperature over meat, fish, shellfish, or vegetables.