A mexican style brisket is all that you need in your life right now!
In this current lockdown situation, when all of us are bound to stay at home all the time comes a delightful craving for a wholesome meal. While we always long to go out and have some delicious food in a fancy cafe or restaurant, it is not really a safe idea to do so, is it? But what if we told you that you could make some delicious restaurant-like food right now while you are at home all safe and neat? Sounds exciting? Well it surely is!
We reached out to our lovely readers here in methodtomymeals.com to submit their favorite lockdown inventions. While we received so many oh-so delicious and mouth-watering recipes, here we have decided to share one of our favorites with you guys.
Green chile Brisket
We have a really delicious recipe which is a very easy five-ingredient brisket dish done in mexican style with green chile.
If you are craving for something to go with tacos or cornitos, this recipe will be great as you can cook it for up to eight hours for a very nice and tender brisket dressing, or you can cook it for upto six hours to make a stew out of it, or even slow roast it for a few hours for a well seasoned roasted brisket. So we can conclude, in terms of utility and taste, this dish surely gets a 10/10!
You can adjust the level of heat or spicyness according to your taste, here we have provided the recipe which might turn out a little hot for you if you don’t usually prefer having spicy.
- • 2 lbs. flat-trimmed brisket
- • 16 oz. green chile or green chile stew
- • 1 large sliced yellow onion
- • 5 peeled and crushed cloves of garlic
- • oil of choice
- • salt and pepper
- • Marinate the brisket with generous amount of salt and pepper and set aside for a few minutes.
- • Pour some oil in a large pan and let it heat for some minutes. When hot, saute the onions and garlic until brown. Remove the veggies and place it at the bottom of a slow-cooker.
- • In the same large pan, pour a little bit oil if required and roast the brisket on each side for a few minutes until browned on all sides. Once done, place the brisket in the slow cooker on top of the onions and garlic.
- • Add chile to your pan and turn of the heat, let it de-glaze. Once done, empty the contents of the pan in the cooker and let it roast for some hours or cover and set on low for six hours to make stew or for eight hours to make shredded brisket.
- • Remove the meat when done from the cooker and serve it in slices of desired thickness. You can serve it with mashed potatoes or anything of your desired choice.