Love these yummy muffins, and they are super healthy! Definitely give yourself time to find the ingredients as Central Market was out of almond flour and I had to try a few stores to find it. (Whole Foods had it in the end). If not following strict low carb, the Truvia and stevia can be substituted with 1/3 cup honey.
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Truvia
- ¼ teaspoon stevia concentrated extract – at Central Market, find in healthy living section
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, butter, water, Truvia, stevia and lemon extract. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter equally into 6 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool in pan 5-10 minutes then remove from pan and cool muffins on rack.