Pistachios are great right? Imagine them packed on top of salmon and baked! The salty crunch from the pistachio/panko topping mixed with the hearty salmon is delicious. This recipe has tons of protein and good fats. Another last minute, easy, and healthy dinner right here that will soon be your favorite too. I usually serve this with couscous and sautéed spinach.
Pistachio Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 3-4 8oz salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash salmon and pat very dry with paper towels. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place salmon skin side down. Mix lemon juice, mustard and honey and spread over the salmon fillets.
- Coarsely grind pistachios in a food processor until pretty fine. Then, in a medium sized mixing bowl, add ground pistachios, panko bread crumbs, canola oil and salt pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle and pat down pistachio mixture over the salmon fillets. I am very generous with mixture and cover all parts of the salmon!
- Bake salmon for 12-15 minutes. Cut into the thickest part of salmon to check for doneness. If you prefer a more medium cooked salmon, put back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Let the fish rest for about 3 minutes before serving.