I’ve recently started following SmartintheKitchen and adore her recipes. Her meal plans are easy to follow and offer great variety. Also love that she’s in my hometown of Houston! Here are her Creamy Chicken Taquitos – I definitely recommend getting your hands on the Siete tortillas – the regular brand corn tortillas that I bought broke after rolling 🙁 Another option would be to use flour tortillas.
Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- ½ block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup mild green salsa (such as Herdez or Trader Joe’s)
- 4 oz can mild green chiles
- 3 green onions, white and green parts sliced thin
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (if you don’t like cilantro, leave it out)
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together the shredded chicken, cream cheese, jack cheese, green salsa, chiles, green onions and cilantro.
- Fill each tortilla with ¼ cup chicken mixture. Spread the mixture in a line close to one edge of the tortilla and tightly roll the tortilla into a taquito.
- Brush the outside of the taquito with oil (I like to use organic avocado oil or Spectrum brand Canola-Coconut oil, but extra virgin olive oil works great also) and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.