So many beautiful colors going on in this corn salad! The char from the grill on the corn, bright mexican seasonings and herbs…all add to this amazing corn salad.
Spicy Corn Salad Recipe
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 Hatch chile pepper, or poblano pepper if you can’t find Hatch
- ⅓ cup crumbled cojita cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- tajin seasoning, or chile powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Or if you want to stay inside, use a grill pan and lightly oil the pan.
- Cook the corn and chile pepper on the grill, until the corn is slightly charred and chile pepper is blistered, about 20 minutes.
- Place the chile pepper in ziplock bag and seal. Let it steam until softened, about 10 minutes. Peel skin off pepper and chop.
- Cut the corn of kernels and place into a large bowl. Stir in chopped pepper, cheese, seasonings, lime juice and salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.