I had an “Aha!” moment with grilling chicken breasts, and it included a cooling rack. By baking your chicken breasts on a cooling rack that is on top of a rimmed baking sheet, you will achieve perfection! You can use this chicken by itself, torn apart for a salad, in a pasta – so versatile!
Roasted Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lemons, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme – optional
- Heat oven to 400°F. Make sure oven rack is positioned about 4 inches from the heat. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with a cooling rack on top. Coat the cooling rack with a cooking spray to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat very dry with paper towels. If one part of chicken breast is much thicker, cover breast in plastic wrap and pound meat until the thickest part of the same height as the thinnest part. This way the breasts will cook evenly. Place onto cooling rack, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place lemon slices onto chicken breasts. If using fresh herbs, place them under the lemon slices.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, cutting into the thickest part to check for doneness. If you have a meat thermometer, this is a great time to use it. Your chicken is done when it gets to 165 degrees.
- Basic Roasted Chicken Breasts:
- Follow the same instructions without the lemons. Flip chicken over after 10 minutes of baking.