CHICKEN SCALOPPINI Recipe
Are you a classic Italian cuisine lover? If yes or even no, you are definitely going to love this delicacy wholeheartedly. Scaloppini is basically slightly crunchy meat cutlets in a delicious lemon-butter sauce, gets ready in no time and most importantly made ready to eat in a single pan! This dish is light on your pockets as it doesn’t really require many ingredients and it also definitely is kitchen-mess proof!
The meat choice is completely yours; you can use turkey, pork, veal or chicken cutlets. However if cutlets aren’t available to you, you can also use breast pieces sliced from the middle.
All you got to do is marinate the meat cutlets in salt and pepper first and then coat in all-purpose flour and pan fry them until cooked. You can use olive oil or butter to fry it.
To prepare the sauce, add white wine, lemon juice, stir in capers; pour in garlic-butter mixture on top of it and you are done!
- • 8-9 pieces of meat cutlets
- • Salt and black pepper to taste
- • Olive oil or butter for frying
- • ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- • ½ cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 and ½ tablespoons white wine
- • 15-20 capers or to taste
- • Pressed 5-6 garlic cloves
- • Chopped parsley and
- • Sliced lemon for garnishing
- Start by marinating the meat cutlets in salt and black pepper generously. Coat the cutlets one by one in all-purpose flour.
- Make a mixture of garlic and butter and keep aside. Over medium heat, pour the garlic-butter mixture in a large pan or skillet and let it melt. Now, pan fry the cutlets one by one and place them in a plate.
- In the same pan or skillet, add white wine and fresh lemon juice; stir well. Add some more garlic butter mixture to the sauce to enhance the taste. Stir in capers.
- Pour the sauce over the cutlets in a plate. Garnish it with parsley and sliced lemon.
This recipe generally serves 4 people, takes around 20 minutes to cook. However, I like to serve it with egg or vegetable noodles or plain long-grain rice(like jasmine or basmati) to go with it. Some mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus also go really well with it.
If you want to make this dish for a party, I would suggest you to fry the meat cutlets in small batches and then finally after frying the desired amount of cutlets, pour the sauce all-together on top of it. Keep flour and garlic-butter mixture extra for large amounts.
It is a simple recipe and can be made very easily at home. Hope you enjoyed the recipe.