An easy vegetable that you can dress up as much as you want! Be aware that they will need to be in the oven for 45 minutes, so I usually do these when I’m also baking my protein, like fish or chicken breasts. You can serve plain or add some fun toppings.
Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 package crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pour the walnuts onto a rimmed baking sheet. Once the oven is ready, you will toast these for about 4-5 minutes. Watch these very carefully to make sure you do not burn!
- In a long glass casserole dish, fill up to ½ inch with water. Cut acorn squash in half, and using a spoon, remove seeds. Put each squash face down, and then into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Using tongs, remove squash from dish and serve plain or sprinkle with brown sugar, then goat cheese, and finally with walnuts.
- Other toppings:
- Toasted almonds
- Golden raisins
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese