I learned this trick at a cooking class and it saves you major time! No more standing there slicing each individual cherry tomato, one at a time. Sure, every tomato might not be perfectly halved, but that’s okay! This method also works with olives and grapes.
Halving Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- well sharpened slicing or chef knife
- 2 tupperware lids of same size
- Place cherry tomatoes on the top surface of a Tupperware lid.
- Cover the top of the tomatoes with another Tupperware lid that’s the same size. Make sure that the top surface of the lid is touching the tomatoes. Using a long knife, slice through the tomatoes while holding your other hand on top of the Tupperware lid and apply light pressure.
- Be sure and slice back and forth to make sure you are slicing through them smoothly. Uncover and there you go!